Thanks to Rimonim witer of http://www.mantodayblog.wordpress.com for including me in the Liebster Awards. The Liebster Awards are a chain of blogposts that introduce readers to new blogs and let us all get to know one another a little better. Below I include the rules, my answers to Rimonim’s 11 questions, 11 facts about me, and my own nominees and questions.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog, by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, which have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
- Copy & paste these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- Provide a link to this post so that they can learn about it.
- Why do you blog? I blog because when I first began taking my transgender experience seriously, I was looking for a blog like I am writing. I didn’t actually find many until after I started blogging. So it has turned into a way for me to process and share my experiences as I move through this life altering experience. And it has become a way for me to connect with other trans people which has been great!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Why?- France. Because the woman who has my heart lives there and I am ready to take it back – or her if it was possible.
- What work (book, film, music) has most influenced your worldview? Pick a few if you can’t narrow it to one. – The Spandakarikas.
- What is your favorite food? – I am not sure I have a favorite. I love food, thai, sushi, BBQ, veggies…
- What was your first job? – My first job was post high school and pre college working at a printed circuit board company in the photo something or other department.
- What was the first concert you attended (of your own volition)? Fleetwood Mac!! Such fond memories.
- Besides blogging, how do you spend your free time? Hiking, biking, kayaking, reading, hanging out with friends.
- What chore or errand do you dislike the most? – I absolutely hate to clean the house. Vacuuming, dusting… Thanks god I can afford to hire a cleaner.
- Where are you while writing this post? – At my desk in my home office in Evergreen Colorado.
- Describe one of the strangest experiences you’ve ever had. – When I was in my 20’s I lived out of my car in Boulder Co. I would drive up to a pull off along Boulder Creek to sleep. One particular night, I was there and there were about 5 other vehicles as well. I didn’t know anyone. Sometime in the middle of the night, I was woken by a voice in my head telling me to get up and leave NOW!! I tried ignoring it for some time being exhausted and just wanting to sleep. But the voice persisted and got stronger as the minutes passed. Finally, I got up and drove down the hill to sleep the rest of the night behind the restaurant I managed at the time. The headline news that morning was that a couple people escaped from prison and went on a shooting spree up Boulder Canyon. The occupants of the five cars I left behind that night were all dead by morning.
- What is the secret of life? According to you, of course. – Be true to yourself and follow your heart
11 Random Facts about myself:
1) I quit college in my early years to travel the world and let the universe be my teacher
2) Nature is my sanctuary
3) I am learning to play the saxophone again after 20 years of forgetting how to play.
4) I just made my first batch of homemade almond milk – its not too bad.
5) I have the words: Awareness, Dedication and Perseverance taped to my computer monitor to remind me
6) When I was in college I learned Ikebana. We had an assignment to a non-traditional Ikebana arrangement. I did one based in Dadaism.
7) I meditate every day
8) When I was in massage school in the 80’s, I practiced silence for a month while meditating 6 hours a day.
9) I am a loner blessed with good friends
10) I do a cleanse each season which includes drinking large quantities of fresh made veggie juice
11) The Bear and Snake are my totem animals.
My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
One HuMans Journey
And there is another one Tsoi something – I just found today and really appreciated. Need to figure out how to locate the names of the blogs I am following. Any imput is greatly appreciated if there is a way.
11 Questions for you to answer
1) Why do you blog?
2) What makes your heart sing?
3) Who has most inspired you and why?
4) What was the first book you read that gave you a glimpse into a part of you you did not yet see?
5) What animal best represents you?
6) If you could be doing anything, anywhere in the world right now; where would you be and what would you be doing?
7) What is your greatest passion?
8) What music moves your soul?
9) What has been your greatest challenge in life?
10) What three words remind you of you and keep you on track?
11) What is your favorite pastime?